Monday, September 25, 2017

Maker Profile: Deus Z

Deus Z's own illustration
Since I've been writing so much about my L.I.I. students, I thought it would be fun to introduce them all to you. But to preserve their privacy and an aura of mystery, I had them all select Maker alter-egos.

Boy sure plays a mean pinball
First up is the young man who goes by Deus Z. Deus Z was actually one of the students who inspired me to create this class. He's an incredibly talented artist with an interest in graphic novels. I thought it would be so wonderful if he had a time during the school day to develop his talent and invest some time into them.

Deus Z's current project is a cardboard pinball machine. He's shown a great deal of persistence and ingenuity in making all of the components, particularly the flippers.

Deus Z says that one of his creative specialties is creating well-developed characters. He signed up for L.I.I. to focus on his creativity (although his main goal for the course right now is to just make a fun pinball machine).

When he's not making something cool, he's probably playing fantasy games.



No comments:

Post a Comment